David A. Olivo, DMD COVID-19 Protocols
Your health and safety are our upmost priority and we have taken increased measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus. We are so happy to see our patients’ beautiful smiles again! This has been a challenging time for our communities and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to our patients.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you may have seen during your previous visits. These infection control procedures are implemented so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), as well as the federal regulations from the CDC and OSHA. The current recommendations for patient care include the standard precautions that we’ve always adhered to. In addition, we have implemented additional disinfectant protocols throughout the day. We also will be wearing face shields and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to further safeguard you and our staff.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Pre-appointment wellness surveys
- Face masks will be worn by all staff and anyone who enters
- Newly installed high-powered suction device (Isolite) to decrease aerosols
- Our team will be screened daily for COVID-19 signs and symptoms
- Increased PPE worn by team members throughout the office
- Frequent disinfecting of surfaces throughout the office
- Hand sanitizer and social distancing in the reception area
- Shield glass at the front desk
- The temperature in the office will be colder than usual
- Please bring a jacket or sweater to your appointment. Blankets will no longer be provided.